Lawyers Growing their Competitive Advantage Online
Internet Marketing Kenyan Lawyers is increasing. Law Firm websites are considered advertisements, which are subject to regulation by the Law Society of Kenya (LSK).
The LSK has specific provisions that govern law firm and advocate website advertising and marketing.
Since an increasing number of advocates and law firms use the internet to advertise their practice, complying with the LSK rules has become more important, despite the fact that many website design and marketing companies fail to comply with these guidelines. Our Legal Branding Lab has got you covered.
Advocates can break these rules without being of aware the violation because they did not actually create the website. Below are a few general guidelines every advocate should follow:
- the identity of the advocate;
- the identity of the advocate’s firm;
- the date on which the advocate was admitted to the Roll of Advocates;
- the address and other contact information of the advocate or the advocate’s firm;
- the hours of business of the advocate or the advocate’s firm;
- the language of business used by the advocate or the advocate’s firm;
- the academic or professional qualifications of the advocate; or
- any contribution that the advocate or the advocate’s firm may have made to the preparation of a published legal article or a legislative Bill, or any contribution made by the advocate or the advocate’s firm to legal education
What shouldn’t be included in a law firm or advocate’s website
- the name or the identity of a client of the advocate or the advocate’s firm;
- a picture of the advocate, the advocate’s partner or partners, or another advocate employed in the advocate’s firm;
- academic or professional positions held by the advocate before that advocate’s admission to the Roll of Advocates; or
- a promise by the advocate or the advocate’s firm to achieve a particular outcome for clients or prospective clients of the advocate or the advocate’s firm or that failure to obtain that outcome shall constitute a waiver of the advocate’s or the advocate’s firm’s legal fees.
Categories: law firm marketing